The student intake will be in Spring 2018. The application form will be found from www.sedu.fi.
Taught mainly in English. Some subjects are taught partly in Finnish.
Practical Nurse Vocational Qualification, 180 ecvet points
Nursing and Care
Expectations of the professional field
Student will have
- ability to wide and responsible nursing and care work in different environments of the client/patient
- ability to multi-professional co-operation
- ability to co-operation and interaction
- nursing and care based on client’s/patient’s needs
- planning, implementation and evaluation of the client’s/patient’s nursing and care in health care centres, in hospitals, in home care, in elderly care homes and in
- service homes using the rehabilitative approach
- drug care and the follow up the effects of drugs
- taking care of cleaning, food service, cosines and safety
Key course Content
- nursing and care work in different phases of lifespan
- studies about pediatric, youth, adult and elderly care nursing and care and home nursing
- health promotion, mental health, rehabilitation, anatomy and physiology, drug care, nutrition, Finnish, creative activities and sport
- The application form 2018 will be found here
- Finnish students who have good command of English language can apply for this programme.
- Foreign students with good Finnish and English skills can apply for this programme.
- Students who are native speakers of Finnish are tested for their knowledge of English
- Students who are not native speakers of Finnish are tested for their knowledge of both Finnish and English. Applicants will be invited to the tests (Finnish test in April, English test in May). More information about the test.
- The students provide their working clothes, school books and other material needed.
- During the education at least one of the on-the-job-learning periods will take place abroad for Finnish students
- All students are entitled to free lunches and have an opportunity to apply for a place in a student residence.